How did you hear about Notenik?

Well, first of all, thanks to everyone who has joined this Notenik community. I’m glad to have you here!

And here’s a question for you… how did you discover Notenik? I’m curious, since I don’t do any advertising, and I don’t collect any data from users.

Thanks in advance for your answers!

Like many others, I am always on the search for the “perfect solution.” In researching note-taking apps I ran across favorable mentions of an app that was free, and built exclusively for Mac, and I knew I had to try it out. Notenik has been my note app of choice since the first download. I can’t remember now which reviewer/user gave the reference. Thanks for a great and getting-better note application.

1 Like

I heard about Notenik from a Medium article.

1 Like

I believe I first heard about it in the Mac Power Users forum. Word of mouth, in short.

1 Like

I searched for Static Site Generators built with Swift. But I can’t remember anymore on which website Notenik was listed.
I’m building now a website based on Notenik and a further question appeared: It displays wikilinks in the app and in the website (browser). :+1: On the other hand teasers are showed in the app but not in the website. Similar thing as with wikilinks? Thanks for your help.

Teasers are a separate field within Notenik, whereas wikilinks are a special notation that you use within a longtext field – typically the body. So you would include a teaser the same way you would include the body – by the positioning of the field within the template you’re using. So it would probably appear as =$teaser&o$=. The &o part assumes that the teaser field is also formatted using Markdown, and that you want to convert that to HTML. Hope this makes sense, and works the way you want! Let me know if not!

I realized now that it probably has nothing to do with teasers.
With ‘Lexicon of Song’ all all my requirements are met: News (Home), Table (Songs), Topics, Index (alphabetical list), About and the backlinks in posts. The only thing missing is the structure (parent note and children), as you did in Webbook.
I’d like to integrate ‘Contents’ in my webpages too like they are put in my Notenik app yet.

Well, feel free to zip up your Collection with templates and all if you’d like, if the content is not too sensitive, and I can take a look at it to get a better idea of what you’re trying to do. But if you are trying to have parent notes and children, then you will need a Seq field, and possibly a Level field as well. Then you can get all of that stuff you’re looking for by exporting that content as a web book, either to make the entire site, or only as part of your site (as is the case with the Notenik Knowledge Base on the Notenik.app website). The other way is to use merge templates to emulate the web book stuff, which can be done, but is a bit more complicated.

1 Like

Merge the templates and emulate the web book, that’s my choice… Displaying the ‘children’ like in the parent ‘Intersection’ on a page would unify the information for my purposes. Many thanks for the offer to revise my approach. :slightly_smiling_face:
architektur.zip (362.2 KB)

OK. I’m traveling for the holidays, though, so I may not get to this for a day or two.

Don’t hurry, enjoy :+1:t2:

Thanks for the new version 10.9.0. I can’t figure out how to display the links to parents and children on the webpage as well. Is it not possible to have this function also in blogposts as you described it in 8.2.2. Export as Web Book, §9.: “As with Streamlined Reading within Notenik, each page will have a link to its parent in the hierarchy, as well as links to any children. Each page will also end with a link to the next page in the Collection.” Did I missed the boat?

I’ve started working on some enhancements today to make this easier. Should be out in the next release. I’ll let you know when it’s ready to try. Thanks for the follow-up!

Thanks a lot. I‘m curious

Try out the new beta version and let me know how it goes!

Saw Notenik mentioned on the Mac Power Users forum.