Date/Time stamp in note title?

I am brand new to Notenik, but beginning to like it already. Using v. 9.6.0. My question is this:

Is it possible to auto embed the date/time stamp in the note title so it shows in the Index column?

First of all, Hutch, welcome to Notenik, and to the Notenik Community! Thanks for joining, and for posting!

You ask a good question.

The only sort of feature we have that’s something like this is part of the Quick Action feature, which you can read more about here: Take Quick Action. But it’s not exactly what you’re looking for.

Let me give this a good think and see what I might be able to do.

Hey, one other option (that might not be obvious) and that might work, depending on your use case, would be to add a Date Added field to your Collection (via the Collection Preferences), and then Sort your Collection by Date Added (via the Sort sub-menu beneath the Collection menu). This wouldn’t get the date and time into the title of each Note but then (again, depending on your particular use case), perhaps that’s not essential.

Thanks for the quick and thoughtful response. Embedding the date/time in the title/index is not a deal breaker for me, but I imported a number of txt notes from an app called The Archive which uses the date/time stamp as a unique id for each note and the index auto sorts on this value also. I will review your other suggestions, so thank you again. Thank you for a great note taking app.

1 Like

I’ve also added a new Paste Date function (beneath the Edit menu) that will allow you to quickly paste today’s date into a Note’s title, or body, or any other field that will accept text entry. You can use CTRL-D to quickly pull it up. See the Insert a Date page for details. This is available in version 3.8.0, which was just released yesterday. If you get a chance to try it out, let me know how it works for you!