Grid view - is it even possible?

I began writing a post about wanting to see my Notenik collections in a grid view (aka like a spreadsheet). This Discourse forum suggested that my topic was similar to an existing post describing a new Query Builder feature. Lo and behold, the Query Builder feature allows me to view a collection as a grid! And even gives me a script to update a grid with the latest data after I’ve made edits.

I believe this does away with the last roadblock to moving most of my Numbers spreadsheets to Notenik. (The only exceptions would be bookkeeping spreadsheets like the one for my checkbook.)

2 Likes

Very cool that the forum found you a solution for your problem!

There is one other feature you might be interested in: at the bottom of the File menu, there’s an item for ‘Quick Export and Open’. When you select this item, Notenik will export the Collection to a csv file (without prompting for a location or file name) and then tell macOS to open the file in whatever app is assigned to such files – usually Numbers! This all happens without any further user input, once you select the item, so it can be useful when you really just want to see everything in a traditional spreadsheet format.

And btw, welcome to the Notenik Forum!

1 Like

You have to be kidding me! I knew I could manually export to CSV and then find it and open it in Numbers, but even that little bit of friction was too much for a lazy old guy like me. :slightly_smiling_face: Now I have two ways of obtaining a grid view and I like them both. This software of yours has so much depth, it is a pleasure to keep finding (being shown) new ways to use it! Thank you for your reply!