Interactive Checklist items for custom templates

The default note display generates interactive checklists - :star_struck: - thank you.

interactive_checkbox

Is it possible to have the same functionality when we apply custom templates? Checkboxes are displayed but they aren’t interactive.

basic_checkbox

It would be a shame not to be able to take advantage of the powerful templating system to create beautiful UI.

See the latest beta and let me know if this fixes the issue for you. Thanks for requesting!

Callooh! Callay! It works beautifully.

The <?allfields?> command glumly renders checkboxes using glyphs.

I’d like to say, it’s perfect but there is a nasty bug in the save function that is altering the inputs. I’ve been seeing this bug for a while, it pre-dates this change. I’ll post in bugs.

• Notenik Version 13.8.1 (614)
  • 2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
  • Ventura 13.6.4 (22G513)
Has anything happened in recent releases to cause check lists to lose their functionality when using a custom template?

This afternoon I decided a collection was mature enough for me to modify the display mode with a custom template. One of the notes had a check list and it was displayed as a simple black and white glyph.

Renaming display.html and reloading the collection brings the functionality back.

Sorry for the noise. I wasn’t paying attention to what I was doing. I’d started with the “Generate Sample Display Template” command. The generated display.html uses the shortcut allfields. The function that generates the HTML for allfields doesn’t produce interactive check lists. As soon as I uncommented the code things went back to normal.

1 Like

Thanks! Good to hear!