Issues with collection titles and folder names

I have multiple collections where the folder is simply named notes. I can tweak the title as per the Knowledge Base:

The default Collections Title will be formed from the folder path containing this Collection. Feel free to tweak this title, but understand that this will not change the actual name of the folder in which your Notes are stored.

However, this doesn’t affect the Open Recent or Navigation Board lists. I think the list items are generated from the folder name?

It might seem strange having repeating non-descriptive folder names, but my use case is for organising documentation for my work, e.g:

• Projects
      • Project A
        • Notes
        • Working
        • Deliverables
      • Project B
        • Notes
        • Working
        • Deliverables
      • Project A
        • Notes
        • Working
        • Deliverables
      • Project B
        • Notes
        • Working
        • Deliverables

Thanks for pointing this out! It’s actually an unresolved issue that’s been bugging me for a while now. (And your use case makes perfect sense to me.) Let me see what I can do…

I’ve tried to address this sort of thing in the latest release, 11.2.0. Let me know what you think after you’ve had the chance to experiment with it a bit. Unfortunately, I haven’t yet found a way to fix the entries on the standard Open Recent menu, as they are created and maintained by macOS itself.

@wgrace Hey, Winston, I would love to know if the new version is working any better for you in terms of working with Collection titles…

@hbowie So much better opening the Navigation Board and seeing the different Collection titles, thanks! I’m going to investigate the parent realm stuff as that could be very useful I think, once I get my head around it.

1 Like