Line limit in edit window

I’m taking a look at Notenik and trying to decide what use I can make of it. In general, it seems very nice and potentially useful.

I noticed, though, that the edit window (for lack of a better term) behaves strangely if the body of a note contains more than 1,600 lines.

To demonstrate this, assuming you have BBEdit available:

(1) in a Terminal window, execute “jot -w ‘%05d’ 10000 | bbedit --new-window”, which will open a new window in BBEdit containing 10,000 lines, each containing a number from 00001 to 10000, one per line

(2) in BBEdit, select all and copy

(3) in Notenik, paste into the body of a note

In Notenik, the last visible line is the one containing “01600.” There doesn’t seem be any way to get it to display the lines following that one. I can edit the note in an external editor and verify that all the contents that should be there are in fact there.

As it happens, the very first note I tried to create with Notenik contained more than 1,600 lines (I pasted an existing note from BBEdit), so I noticed this right away although it took a little while to figure out what was going on.

Is this a known limitation? Thanks for any insight or advice.

Thanks for reporting this issue!

Let me look into this, probably later this week.

Try the latest beta. I’ve significantly increased the maximum size of the edit view for the body field. It’s still not infinite, but should handle your 10,000 lines. Let me know if this works for you. Thanks!

Thank you very much for the quick response. With version 14.5.1 (660), I now get up to 12,799 lines in a note, enough for any purpose I’m likely to have.

Excellent! Glad to hear it!