Version 13.6.0 Released on December 19th, 2023

A new version, incorporating all of the changes previewed by recent betas, is now available in the Mac App Store.

Thanks to everyone who provided input and feedback for this release, and especially to @Malcolm!.

This new version includes the following improvements:

• Added a Field Renamer Utility;
  • Fixed a Variable Modifier bug;
  • Fixed a Date-Time formatting bug;
  • Fixed a couple of lingering problems with Dynamic Task Lists.

As usual, details available in the Knowledge Base.

I think this is probably going to close out the year for Notenik. It’s been another year of continued growth and development, and I’m grateful for the small but vocal community we’ve built here! Thanks to everyone who participated over the course of 2023!

Excited to see what 2024 has in store for us!

1 Like

Another great update. Thanks for this and all the work you do to continually improve Notenik! It is very much appreciated.

A merry Christmas to you and yours. And indeed to everyone else in the community.

2 Likes

Things I forgot to test for the field renamer utility

1. Report templates
  2. Report scripts
  3. Custom templates

Things I forgot to request

1. Delete Field: Guard Rails!
    There should be a nag screen before a field is removed. “Do you really mean to do this? You will lose they data contained in field x”

Those are good points. I don’t think I will be ambitious enough to provide auto-updates for templates and scripts. But yes, some sort of confirmation for the field deletion would be appropriate.

I get your hesitation to modify templates and scripts. Too easy to break things. It warrants an explanation of its behaviour in the knowledge base, including a note that explains that report and display templates and scripts will not be touched.

1 Like